The following meeting schedule has been set for 2019. Additional educational programming for future meetings will be forthcoming.
Summer Meeting – Wednesday, June 5, 2019
“A Year into The New Tax Law: The Impact on Mediating Divorce Settlements”
Fall Meeting (Expanded Training Event) – Friday, September 13, 2019
“High Conflict Couples”, featuring Bill Eddy
Winter Meeting – Thursday, December 5, 2019
Dr. Tina LePage – Children’s Issues
1. Effects of divorce on children
2. Relocating with the kids – leaving a parent behind
3. Typical child custody rulings in NC (Do you see or know about how judges typically rule?)
4. Child Custody and Addictions (Drugs, Alcohol, Sex)
The agenda for most meetings (Except Fall) includes:
- 9:30 – 10:00 Coffee and conversation.
- 10:00 – 12:00 Education program beginning promptly at 10:00
- 12:00 – 12:30 Lunch – provided by the NCAPFM
- 12:30 – 1:00 Membership business meeting – All members are encouraged to attend
Membership meeting agenda items should be submitted to the NCAPFM president or secretary at least two weeks prior to that meeting’s date.
Guests are welcome at any of our meetings, although there is a charge of $10.00 for any non-member who would like to receive a continuing education certificate.
If you a current member of the NCAPFM and would like to bring a guest, please register that guest through the EventBrite registration portal that is emailed to you during the month preceding the meeting.
If you are not a member of the NCAPFM and you wish to attend as our guest, we would be happy to have you. Please contact our Meeting Registrar, Mr. Mike Musselman, by sending an email HERE.
Previous educational presentations that the NCAPFM has had at meetings:
- The new 2018 Tax Legislation and How it Affects Us as Mediators
- The Problem with Money – And How to Mediate Around It
- Mediation Theory and Practice
- Opening Statements – The Mediator’s and Counsels’
- Divorce Financial Analysts in Mediation, Collaboration and Litigation
- Protecting Children from the Burdens of Divorce
- Writing Mediation Summaries – How to Avoid the Practice of Law
- The Financial Aspects of Divorce – How Settlement Options Affect Your Client’s Financial
- Back to the Basics: What does John Haynes, one of family mediation’s founders, have to teach us about process?
- Selected and Unusual Financial Issues Found in Mediation
- The Gray Divorce – Redefining the Golden Years
- The Social Science of Custody Schedules
- An Introduction to Non-violent Communication