During the COVID pandemic, we have been meeting via Zoom. In order to be flexible with our presenters, meeting dates are announced approximately 4 weeks in advance. Additional educational programming for future meetings will be forthcoming.
Summer Meeting – Wednesday, June 16, 2021
The Summer Meeting of the North Carolina Association of Professional Family Mediators will take place on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 virtually using the Zoom Platform. Registrants will receive an email a couple days prior to the meeting with details for joining the Zoom session as well as any training materials.
Marsha Pruett will present “The Shared Parenting Research 2020: The Envelop Please…”. This webinar will highlight the latest shared parenting social science research as it pertains to family law matters. Empirical studies published in 2020 will be selected and analyzed for results, trends in the research, and ongoing debates or questions inherent in the empirical evidence. How the information informs practice with children and families involved in family law matters will be emphasized.
About Marsha Pruett
Dr. Kline Pruett has maintained a clinical practice in Connecticut since 1990, where she has treated individual adults and children, couples, and families. She has certificates in mediation and in family therapy. Dr. Kline Pruett has recently narrowed her practice to work with individuals, couples and families who are in the process of divorcing, remarrying, or figuring out how to co-parent during these life transitions. Her experience includes couples counseling and consultation, father involvement consultation, mediation, child custody evaluation, parent coordination, and collaborative divorce. Dr. Kline Pruett is especially interested in working with couples interested in divorcing cooperatively for the benefit of their children.
Fall Meeting – To be announced
Winter Meeting – To be announced
The agenda for most meetings (Except Fall) includes:
- 9:00 – 9:45 Coffee, light breakfast snack, and networking
- 9:45 – 10:00 Brief Membership Meeting
- 10:00 – 12:00 Education program beginning promptly at 10:00
- 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch – provided by the NCAPFM
Membership meeting agenda items should be submitted to the NCAPFM president or secretary at least two weeks prior to that meeting’s date.
Guests are welcome at any of our meetings, although there is a charge of $10.00 for any non-member who would like to receive a continuing education certificate.
If you a current member of the NCAPFM and would like to bring a guest, please register that guest through the EventBrite registration portal that is emailed to you during the month preceding the meeting.
If you are not a member of the NCAPFM and you wish to attend as our guest, we would be happy to have you. Please contact our Meeting Registrar, Mr. Mike Musselman, by sending an email HERE.
Previous educational presentations that the NCAPFM has had at meetings:
- The 2018 Tax Legislation and How it Affects Mediators
- The Problem with Money – And How to Mediate Around It
- Mediation Theory and Practice
- Opening Statements – The Mediator’s and Counsels’
- Divorce Financial Analysts in Mediation, Collaboration and Litigation
- Protecting Children from the Burdens of Divorce
- Writing Mediation Summaries – How to Avoid the Practice of Law
- The Financial Aspects of Divorce – How Settlement Options Affect Your Client’s Financial
- Back to the Basics: What does John Haynes, one of family mediation’s founders, have to teach us about process?
- Selected and Unusual Financial Issues Found in Mediation
- The Gray Divorce – Redefining the Golden Years
- The Social Science of Custody Schedules
- An Introduction to Non-violent Communication
- High Conflict Couples
- Top Child Topics for Family Mediators